[SOLVED] Factory reset laptop with broken screen, but external monitor no longer displays?

Mar 15, 2020
I recently received a HP Pavilion gaming laptop that had a broken screen and was already used by the friend I got it from, I factory reset the laptop but the external display I used no longer is detecting the laptop and will not show the display. How can I fix this? I have spent hours for the last several days to fix this with nothing working.

Solution
Yes what ends up happening is that you need the correct display drivers to use external screen. Since you reset it you killed the driver configuration. Happens often to people.

Try connecting the screen, turn on the laptop and quickly close the lid, it may pick up the external screen as the only display connected and show you the display. You'll need an external mouse/keyboard for this ofcourse.
Yes what ends up happening is that you need the correct display drivers to use external screen. Since you reset it you killed the driver configuration. Happens often to people.

Try connecting the screen, turn on the laptop and quickly close the lid, it may pick up the external screen as the only display connected and show you the display. You'll need an external mouse/keyboard for this ofcourse.

Solution