Factory reset vista

Apr 4, 2018
Factory reset to vista and windows 10 is gone. Was a free upgrade from 7 didn’t back up copy what do I do. Laptop won’t load internet pages properly to go on the website and purchase or download.

Solution
I wouldn't worry about updates on vista, if you going to put win 10 on you need to do a clean install and it will wipe vista. Best idea anyway as if you roll back in future, it will just go back to win 10 again.

once you get the USB with win 10 (Or DVD if you prefer) we can work on installing win 10. I can see a few win 8 drivers for laptop so you might be okay - https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PSAT9U-025007&osId=34

Its late here but I will look in here again in morning.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you had win 10 on the device, you can still install it again. You don't even need to know license key as its all stored on Microsoft servers. All you need is a USB to make the installer again. I doubt you really want to roll back to Vista now.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

How is win 10 gone? What os is on it now - how can you try to get internet without an OS?

Apr 4, 2018

Colif

Win 11 Master
What make/model laptop is it?

Upside is you have a win 10 licence, depending on age of laptop it might be fun getting win 10 back on it. Since its a vista device, its likely its newest drivers might be win 8. we can hope as win 7 drivers might not work so well on 10,

You can't make the installer on a PC with vista on it I don't think, needs to be 7 or later. Not that I would trust the browsers on it anyway.

Apr 4, 2018

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't worry about updates on vista, if you going to put win 10 on you need to do a clean install and it will wipe vista. Best idea anyway as if you roll back in future, it will just go back to win 10 again.

once you get the USB with win 10 (Or DVD if you prefer) we can work on installing win 10. I can see a few win 8 drivers for laptop so you might be okay - https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PSAT9U-025007&osId=34

Its late here but I will look in here again in morning.

Solution
Apr 4, 2018