[SOLVED] Factory reset

skandrake03

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Using ROG Maximus X Hero.

PC started resetting midway while I was doing work or game. Tried to troubleshoot but now PC won't go past UEFI Bios.

Is there a way to do factory reset from Bios? I don't mind losing my data in my SSDs.

What steps should I take? Take out SSDs, do CMOS clear, Bios reset? Or something else. Please advise

Solution
On my MOBO, there's two button for CMOS and BIOS. Used that, no change. Should I be removing SSD, GPU before attempt to troubleshoot?
Did you remove all power while pressing CLR:Cmos button ?
CMOS is memory where BIOS settings are stored, held by battery, clearing it sets it to factory settings. As for troubleshooting, make sure you have or MB has a small speaker/buzzer connected, it will give beeps according to trouble type (check MB manual for beep codes). Than you can remove all components save for CPU and it's cooler and listen to those beep codes.
Using ROG Maximus X Hero.

PC started resetting midway while I was doing work or game. Tried to troubleshoot but now PC won't go past UEFI Bios.

Is there a way to do factory reset from Bios? I don't mind losing my data in my SSDs.

What steps should I take? Take out SSDs, do CMOS clear, Bios reset? Or something else. Please advise
Do CMOS clear, that resets BIOS to factory defaults. You will lose no data from disks.

On my MOBO, there's two button for CMOS and BIOS. Used that, no change. Should I be removing SSD, GPU before attempt to troubleshoot?
Did you remove all power while pressing CLR:Cmos button ?
CMOS is memory where BIOS settings are stored, held by battery, clearing it sets it to factory settings. As for troubleshooting, make sure you have or MB has a small speaker/buzzer connected, it will give beeps according to trouble type (check MB manual for beep codes). Than you can remove all components save for CPU and it's cooler and listen to those beep codes.

Solution