[SOLVED] Factory resetting at the moment but want to cancel it to swap to a SSD?

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015
I have a super quick question before I potentially wait hours for my update to finish.

I’m currently in the process of factory resetting my pc (about 19% in) and was wondering if anything bad would necessarily happen if I decided to turn off my pc. Disconnect my HDD and simply use my SSD to do the install with windows 10.

I guess I’m worried that I might mess up my pc or something along the lines of it? I know it’s as simple as waiting out the process but if I could use my ssd through this I would prefer to do so.

Thank you.

Solution
I have a super quick question before I potentially wait hours for my update to finish.

I’m currently in the process of factory resetting my pc (about 19% in) and was wondering if anything bad would necessarily happen if I decided to turn off my pc. Disconnect my HDD and simply use my SSD to do the install with windows 10.

I guess I’m worried that I might mess up my pc or something along the lines of it? I know it’s as simple as waiting out the process but if I could use my ssd through this I would prefer to do so.

Thank you.
It is never a good idea to interrupt a process like that in the middle.

The "Factory Reset", you can't direct to a different drive.
Let it finish, then just do a clean install on the SSD.
Later, wipe the...

USAFRet

Titan

Thank you.
It is never a good idea to interrupt a process like that in the middle.

The "Factory Reset", you can't direct to a different drive.
Let it finish, then just do a clean install on the SSD.
Later, wipe the old drive.

Solution