Question Factory Resetting with SSD

abdullahmrcool

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I would like to Factory reset my windows computer and was wondering if it was okay with a ssd. Because when we bought the ssd we had to put some programs on it to make it bootable and im scared that those programs will go away. So my question is what will happen if I factory reset the computer and if I will have to reinstall those programs.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi Everyone,
I would like to Factory reset my windows computer and was wondering if it was okay with a ssd. Because when we bought the ssd we had to put some programs on it to make it bootable and im scared that those programs will go away. So my question is what will happen if I factory reset the computer and if I will have to reinstall those programs.
"Factory Reset" will return the system to as it came out of the box.
Anything you added or installed after will be gone.

"put some programs on it to make it bootable "
What programs?

What are you actually looking to do?

abdullahmrcool

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
Sorry Im not that familiar with this stuff . Without the stuff he put in the ssd the computer wouldn't boot up with the drive so we had to boot it up with a usb that had windows 7 on it and then upgrade that with windows 10.

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry Im not that familiar with this stuff . Without the stuff he put in the ssd the computer wouldn't boot up with the drive so we had to boot it up with a usb that had windows 7 on it and then upgrade that with windows 10.
And we're not familiar with your hardware and setup.

Can you give us a full list of all the parts involved here? Be as specific as you can.