Faded video with 56.72

Ron

Installed new video driver 56.72 on a TI4600 under XP P4 2.8GHZ --
3dmark2001 score droped about 500 points -- video quality just not there --
tried numerous controls to get quality back to my original appearance with
no luck (slightly wased out look with some slight jagged edges)). Gave up --
back to 52.16 and all is right. Also regardless of driver or overclock
settings I'm getting random game freeze and critical errors in Far Cry --
any help appreciated.

You should be using the 45.23 driver for stability with that older non-FX
card.

--
DaveW

"Ron" <chekmate@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Installed new video driver 56.72 on a TI4600 under XP P4 2.8GHZ --
> 3dmark2001 score droped about 500 points -- video quality just not
there --
> tried numerous controls to get quality back to my original appearance with
> no luck (slightly wased out look with some slight jagged edges)). Gave
up --
> back to 52.16 and all is right. Also regardless of driver or overclock
> settings I'm getting random game freeze and critical errors in Far Cry --
> any help appreciated.

You do know that the Ti4600 is NOT a DX9 part, right? Even though it runs
with DX9 installed; my Ti4200 would not even run Far Cry. I decided to
upgrade to an FX5700 and all is well now.

Jeff Hansman a écrit :

> You do know that the Ti4600 is NOT a DX9 part, right? Even though it runs
> with DX9 installed; my Ti4200 would not even run Far Cry. I decided to
> upgrade to an FX5700 and all is well now.

You could have saved a lot of money by just running Driver Cleaner 2...

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."

"Jeff Hansman" <jhansman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> You do know that the Ti4600 is NOT a DX9 part, right? Even though it runs
> with DX9 installed; my Ti4200 would not even run Far Cry. I decided to
> upgrade to an FX5700 and all is well now.

Hmm, funny, I've just completed Far Cry using my TI4200. Had to upgrade to
the 53.03 drivers to play on Low detail, but had texture problems at higher
settings. Installed the 56.72 drivers 2 days ago, and even on Very High the
game runs fine (albeit at around 25fps, but just enough to be playable).
Playing on Medium is great, gives a good balance between smooth graphics and
stunning visuals. High just introduces a little jerkiness when there's a lot
going on. Rest of system is XP2400, 1GB DDR400 running in single channel
mode on an Asus A78NX-X board.

Dan

> You should be using the 45.23 driver for stability with that older non-FX
> card.

Funny, the 53.03 and 56.72 has been very stable on my Ti4200. In fact, the
56.72 drivers fix issues I had with textures in Far Cry in all previous
drivers I'd tried. The 56.72 drivers are *not* just for FX cards - the
readme clearly states fixes for 4MX and 2Ti issues, and list other non-FX
fixes in previous 55 series driver releases.

Dan

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:46:18 GMT, "Ron" <chekmate@optonline.net>
wrote:

>Installed new video driver 56.72 on a TI4600 under XP P4 2.8GHZ --
>3dmark2001 score droped about 500 points -- video quality just not there --
>tried numerous controls to get quality back to my original appearance with
>no luck (slightly wased out look with some slight jagged edges)). Gave up --
>back to 52.16 and all is right. Also regardless of driver or overclock
>settings I'm getting random game freeze and critical errors in Far Cry --
>any help appreciated.

Did you go to Safe or VGA mode before unistalling the old driver,
or dod you bother uninstalling at all ? 52.16 was NOT a good
release...

Try Driver Cleaner 2.0 and report back.

John Lewis

John Lewis a écrit :

> Try Driver Cleaner 2.0 and report back.

I kill myself repeating that all the time...

--

R.V. Gronoff wrote:
> John Lewis a écrit :
>
>> Try Driver Cleaner 2.0 and report back.
>>

> I kill myself repeating that all the time...

Why not Driver Cleaner 3?

Scowie a écrit :
> R.V. Gronoff wrote:
>
>> John Lewis a écrit :
>>
>>> Try Driver Cleaner 2.0 and report back.
>>>

>> I kill myself repeating that all the time...
>>

> Why not Driver Cleaner 3?

Coz it's too new. Didn't know it was out yet. :)

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/download/DC3Setup_30.zip

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."

TRENDING THREADS