[SOLVED] Failed Amd CPU overclock makes pc run for half a second.

Feb 19, 2020
So I tried to overclock my ryzen 5 2400g CPU with the ryzen master thing and just put it up a little bit, applied, video audio echos and screen freezes. I try to do a hard restart and if you hold it down it constantly restarts with nothing accomplished. I have not tried the replacement of a battery or the cmos thing because I’m just to afraid of damaging it more. What could I do to get out of the? Keep in mind that there is no way to access bios and even if I could it’s the hp bios which has nothing to do with the cpu for the most part and just installed new ram a week ago

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400g
GPU: AMD RX580 (hp version)
Ram: 16gb only

I can provide more information if needed and I’m not the pc knowledge guy.

Solution
Resetting the bios to defaults is part of overclocking. You are much more likely to damage hardware with the overclocking not resetting bios defaults. If you are afraid of damaging hardware either you shouldn't be overclocking or you need to research it more.
Honestly using an OEM HP motherboard you are better off not overclocking as those boards are not built for it(except in very rare cases).
Mar 23, 2019
Why not clear bios, it's not going to hurt it.
You should at least get into bios after clearing it.

bignastyid

Titan
Resetting the bios to defaults is part of overclocking. You are much more likely to damage hardware with the overclocking not resetting bios defaults. If you are afraid of damaging hardware either you shouldn't be overclocking or you need to research it more.
Honestly using an OEM HP motherboard you are better off not overclocking as those boards are not built for it(except in very rare cases).

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Feb 19, 2020

Thanks for the information