[SOLVED] Failed boot GPU error. Potential causes?

BlakeW

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
Turned my PC on today and noticed that it failed to boot, when checking my motherboard error lights I noticed my VGA light is active so its obviously a GPU issue. After re-seating my GPU the error has gone away and it boots normal. Just curious as to what may have caused this and if there is anything I should look into that could be a potential future issue. I have run 3DMark benchmarks to test for any performance issues and there are none, results are the same as normal.

Solution
For any help you may need in the future, you should list your full system specs.

If by reseating the GPU the problem is gone, I wouldn't think twice of it. The GPU might not have been fully inserted in the slot and/or vibrations from the fans or by moving the tower might made it have improper contact.

You run benchmarks and your performance was as expected, you have no issues at the time and unless something happens within the next few days, your system is fine.
For any help you may need in the future, you should list your full system specs.

If by reseating the GPU the problem is gone, I wouldn't think twice of it. The GPU might not have been fully inserted in the slot and/or vibrations from the fans or by moving the tower might made it have improper contact.

You run benchmarks and your performance was as expected, you have no issues at the time and unless something happens within the next few days, your system is fine.

Reactions: BlakeW
Solution

BlakeW

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019

Awesome, no need for concern then. Just for clarification then my GPU is a Gigabyte RTX 2080. Cheers for the response.