[SOLVED] Failed gpu or psu?

Jun 29, 2020
I went to start my pc one morning (was just playing the night before) and everything turned on except my mouse keyboard and monitor. My keyboard will sit there and try to cycle likes it trying to turn on.
That gives me a thought that my psu is going bad it’s about 6-7 years old. It’s a 750 watt but this only happens if my rtx 2080 is plugged in but the 2080s fan still turn on and what not.
I slapped in an older gtx 960 and it was fine so now I’m not 100% sure if the my 2080 took a dump or if it’s just not getting enough power any more.
I have also checked to make sure it was seated correctly.

Solution
well its the cheapest option and its probably the right one I would think that the PSU is probably past its best and not producing enough wattage that is why the old 960 is fine and the 2080 is not in my view but with no system spec.
Jun 29, 2020
well its the cheapest option and its probably the right one I would think that the PSU is probably past its best and not producing enough wattage that is why the old 960 is fine and the 2080 is not in my view but with no system spec.
[/
sorry currently at work and can’t rememberer some of the exact models off the top of my head

Power consuption of the 2080 with base clocks is something like 220-260W while the 960 is about 120W

HWMonitor should be able to read the power of both cards to give you a better idea of your power situation.

I agree with @RARRAF that you power supply is getting on in years and is probably due for a replacement. Remember that the PSU is the keystone of your system you want one of good quality that can support the load of your system.