[SOLVED] Failed HDD - can’t get into Bios to download windows on new one.

Leandroc04

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
My hdd recently died in my pc so i had to replace it with a new one. I downloaded windows 10 installation media onto a usb so that i could put windows 10 on my new hard drive, but when i tried to access my BIOS in my pc (Lenovo legion y520t-25ikl) i was unable to enter it. Please does anyone know how i can access my BIOS or do i need to completely replace my motherboard?

Solution
Generally the F2 key is used to enter the Lenovo’s notebook’s BIOS Setup, but some new models have a special button called Novo to replace Lenovo BIOS Key.

If your Lenovo uses F1 or F2 key you can access to your BIOS by start pressing on to your key a few times to your BIOS setup key just after Power ON your computer from OFF state.

Please keep in mind that some models like Yoga Series have compact keyboards so you might need to press Fn + BIOS Setup Key. For example Fn + F2
Jan 21, 2019
Generally the F2 key is used to enter the Lenovo’s notebook’s BIOS Setup, but some new models have a special button called Novo to replace Lenovo BIOS Key.

If your Lenovo uses F1 or F2 key you can access to your BIOS by start pressing on to your key a few times to your BIOS setup key just after Power ON your computer from OFF state.

Please keep in mind that some models like Yoga Series have compact keyboards so you might need to press Fn + BIOS Setup Key. For example Fn + F2

Solution