Question failed ram test thinkpad laptop

Mar 2, 2023
failed moving inversion, random pattern, and block move test. can surf the internet fine but gaming falls to pieces. rtx 5000 graphics card passed all of its test with flying colors. bad motherboard? bad ram? what is my best fix or replacement ram if needed for high speed gaming

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to see if your Thinkpad is pending any BIOS updates. Use the serial number for your mobile computing device in Lenovo's support page. Might want to pass on the SKU(not serial number) to your laptop so we can see what it's specs are.

but gaming falls to pieces. rtx 5000 graphics card
That laptop is meant to be a portable workstation for professionals on the go, seeing that the RTX Quadro in that laptop is best for rendering and simulation work, not gaming.

Mar 2, 2023
thanks for the reply ill check the bios. Agreed its not a true gaming computer but the RTX comfortably handled my games at very high settings in the past. it only recently, last 2 months, began to have issues that seem to be getting progressively worse. hopefully its just a bios issue.

SKU is P53 - 20QN001TUS
  • Display diagonal: 15.6 inch
  • Processor: E-2276M 2.8 GHz
  • Internal memory: 64 GB DDR4-SDRAM
  • Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics P630
  • Storage: 1000 GB SSD
  • Battery: 13 hrs 90 Wh
  • Weight: 2.5 kg

thanks for the reply ill check the bios. Agreed its not a true gaming computer but the RTX comfortably handled my games at very high settings in the past. it only recently, last 2 months, began to have issues that seem to be getting progressively worse. hopefully its just a bios issue.

SKU is P53 - 20QN001TUS
  • Display diagonal: 15.6 inch
  • Processor: E-2276M 2.8 GHz
  • Internal memory: 64 GB DDR4-SDRAM
  • Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics P630
  • Storage: 1000 GB SSD
  • Battery: 13 hrs 90 Wh
  • Weight: 2.5 kg
Reseat the ram ......test.

Mar 2, 2023
Bios is good as are all other drivers. Reseated RAM and it still has errors but less than before. Swapped out monitor and DVI cable and that improved most of my issues. Will be buying new 64 GB RAM to match what is currently installed. All should be good after that.

Thank you for your assistance