I have a service that has failed. It is a "service control manger code 7000.
When click on link for help this is what it say's.
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service,
probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

a.. Review the error information displayed in the message.
b.. Verify that the service password has not expired.
c.. Verify that the service is in the correct location.
d.. Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
e.. To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when
trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes
for the error.
If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the
service because the error was detected first.

I did the query and here is what it said.

SERVICE_NAME: mrtrate
TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
STATE : 1 STOPPED
(NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 2 (0x2)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Ok here is my question, how do I fix this? Thanks for all help.

SWAG...

mrtrate.dll is part of a library used by Intuit Quicken. I don't know if
this runs as a service.

Do you have Quicken?

Try this...

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down and click on mrtrate | Read the Description to see what the
mrtrate service is.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uLXfGkb%23EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Rick & Deb <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have a service that has failed. It is a "service control manger
> code 7000. When click on link for help this is what it say's.
> Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified
> service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.
>

> User Action
> Do one or all of the following:
>
> a.. Review the error information displayed in the message.
> b.. Verify that the service password has not expired.
> c.. Verify that the service is in the correct location.
> d.. Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
> e.. To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered
> when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
> sc query service name
> The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible
> causes for the error.
> If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to
> start the service because the error was detected first.
>

> I did the query and here is what it said.
>
> SERVICE_NAME: mrtrate
> TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
> STATE : 1 STOPPED
>
> (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN) WIN32_EXIT_CODE
> : 2 (0x2) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
> CHECKPOINT : 0x0
> WAIT_HINT : 0x0
>
> Ok here is my question, how do I fix this? Thanks for all help.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the install disk, no file by that name. I
updated Quicken to the newest version, still have the same error. That
service is not install because of error. Any other suggestions? Thanks

> SWAG...
>
> mrtrate.dll is part of a library used by Intuit Quicken. I don't know if
> this runs as a service.
>
> Do you have Quicken?
>
> Try this...
>
> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
> Scroll down and click on mrtrate | Read the Description to see what the
> mrtrate service is.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:uLXfGkb%23EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Rick & Deb <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I have a service that has failed. It is a "service control manger
>> code 7000. When click on link for help this is what it say's.
>> Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified
>> service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.
>>

>> User Action
>> Do one or all of the following:
>>
>> a.. Review the error information displayed in the message.
>> b.. Verify that the service password has not expired.
>> c.. Verify that the service is in the correct location.
>> d.. Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
>> e.. To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered
>> when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
>> sc query service name
>> The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible
>> causes for the error.
>> If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to
>> start the service because the error was detected first.
>>

>> I did the query and here is what it said.
>>
>> SERVICE_NAME: mrtrate
>> TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER
>> STATE : 1 STOPPED
>>
>> (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN) WIN32_EXIT_CODE
>> : 2 (0x2) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
>> CHECKPOINT : 0x0
>> WAIT_HINT : 0x0
>>
>> Ok here is my question, how do I fix this? Thanks for all help.

I have no idea what the mrtrate service is.

Have a look at this...
http://www.computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/20923.html

They address your problem.

--