[SOLVED] Failed Win 10 OS SSD, Need to Recover Data from RAID HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2022
Hello all. I hope this is in the right spot.

I have a home built PC (built in 2014) using a 180GB Corsair SSD for the Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8) OS and two 2TB Seagate HDDs that were software RAID together. I cannot remember which RAID I used, 1 I think. It also has a MSI 990FXA-GD80 V2 mother board. All drives are connected via SATA.

The PC will not boot, and I believe the OS SSD has failed. I need to get the data off the other HDD(s), but have been unsuccessful. I was using Acronis for backing my system up, but something happened about a year ago and it stopped making backups. Funny enough, I saw the issue and ran a backup of the RAID HDD (stored on the RAID HDD to be transferred to my ext HDD) and the machine failed the next day, so no current backups.

The BIOS doesn't have any RAID configured, and I'm pretty sure I remember setting it up in windows.

I have another desktop that I can use for recovery, it has Win 10 with a OS SSD and a 2nd non-RAID HDD.

I just need to know the best way to get the data off the HDDs and I'll deal with recovering the system later. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I just need to know the best way to get the data off the HDDs and I'll deal with recovering the system later. Thanks in advance.
Get another SSD.
Install windows on it.
Old windows raid drives will appear as foreign.
Import foreign drives.
Access your data.

03-disk-management.webp

02-disk-management.webp
Status
Not open for further replies.