Failing computer components?

bobbyofna

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
So I have built my own custom gaming PC and I have been having problems from the start but they have not become a large problem until recently. I have a AMD FX-4170, Asus Crosshair V, 2 x 4GB RAM 1600Mhz, 2 R9 270x's in crossfireX, 2x 1TB HDD's in raid 0, a 750W power supply, and windows 8. When I first pieced together my computer it took it a day until it was able to boot to the bios. I do not know why. I turned it off and booted it multiple times and it didn't show up until i tried it a couple more times the next day and ever since it somewhat has been able to boot to the bios fine. Everyonce in a while, I have problems where it will not boot and I have to open up my computer and hit the "GO Button" and then it boots up and makes me go to the bios. When that randomly happens, My settings are gone and I have to reset them. Not important things though like my raid volumes. It also never detects my RAM correctly, it sees it as 1333Mhz in the bios and i have to force it to use it as 1600Mhz. With running my PC every once in a while windows 8 would pop up, stop everything and say that it ran into an error and needs to restart. It used to happen rarely but now it is more common. I also now am having this weird problem that I come back to find that windows and all of my programs are locked up and all i can do is move my mouse. I can open task manager, or use anything in windows. This is also the 5th time I have reinstalled windows and have completely wiped my drive with DBAN. My computer is fresh currently and all that is installed on there is games pretty much, all from steam. So my problem is not windows. The Biggest thing that annoys me is most of my games act funny and some are close to unplayable. Battlefield 4 does not run as fast as it should and its extremely choppy. With my 2 cards I should be getting 70 frames with directx11 but I get about 30 whether I am using one card or 2. It does however run 70 frames with mantle but even so it should be running around 90 i believe. Not just are my frames weird cut the biggest annoyance as said is the choppiness. My game goes from 70 frames one sec and totally stops for a split second very often. It makes it very hard to play the game. This also happens with battlefield 3 but not nearly as much, maybe every minute or so. The worst game of all so far has been Titanfall. I got into the beta and the game was choppy no matter what setting I am on and it's the same choppiness as battlefield 4 but much worse. I am also having problems with arma 3. No matter what setting I am on whether it is extremely low or extremely high I get 19 frames with physx off. I have even tried disabling crossfire for all of these games and there is no difference. Some game however do listen to crossfire such as metro last light. with a single card I get about 40 frames on ultra with SSAO off. 2 Cards I get 70 frames with SSAO off on ultra. I think the problem for my computer might be my motherboard. I have done a RAM test with a bootable CD and it ran 3 times and passed in all of them. Anybody have any ideas? I am stuck. Thanks for reading this massive book and helping!

bobbyofna

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Also something big I forgot to mention. Whenever my PC gets stcuk in windows and I can't do anything, when I reboot, there are absolutely no error or critical warning logs in the windows event viewer. There are no events logged during that time period at all. These total crashes have been ocurring everyday now compared to every couple of days.