[SOLVED] Failing HDD, Failing backups. Help

Eviq

Honorable
Apr 19, 2015
Hello all,

I currently have an old machine which controls a CNC machine, it runs Windows 7 Pro and is set up in such a way that it's not entirely possible to replicate it and setting something up new would cost a lot of money i would rather avoid spending.

It is currently experiencing regular BSOD and telling me that there is hard drive issues.

I am trying to either clone the drive or create a backup so I have an exact replica of the current system.
I've tried windows built in backup tool twice which resulted in BSOD before completion.
I've tried EASEUS Backup, which resulted in BSOD before completion.
I've tried offline cloning which resulted in a drive that was unable to boot or repair, I also tried several online guides on how to fix this with CMD with no success.

I think I am looking for some kind of backup software that does it in small segments so that if it crashes I don't have to start all over again, does such a thing exist or does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would remove the hard drive from whatever it's in...and install it in another PC....and try to clone it that way.

This way...if there is anything else causing the bsod...it is eliminated.

Just because the blue screen says there is hard drive issues doesn't make it so.
I would remove the hard drive from whatever it's in...and install it in another PC....and try to clone it that way.

This way...if there is anything else causing the bsod...it is eliminated.

Just because the blue screen says there is hard drive issues doesn't make it so.

Solution

Eviq

Honorable
Apr 19, 2015
Thank you for all the replies, putting the hard drive in a different PC is something i completely missed, will give it a go tomorrow and see where we stand.

Thanks again.