Failing ram / Harddrive many BSOD HELP!

bugattiboy01

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
I have an Ssd as my main drive and a HDD as my secondary drive over had if for a few years and after trying to run a setup file from the drive it crashed/restarted Explorer.exe and over different tries and running different setups to test it I've had quite a few blue screen with inpage kernel error and failing to dumb to physical memory. However I can still play a game "mass effect" installed on it. I have run many stress tests and repairs but found no problems is the HDD failing? Everything works fine until I try to do something that extensively uses the hdd. I ran memtes86 and after an hour of it completing it found 1 error. I dont really know what to do about that / what it means also i ran an aida64 stress test on the stock ram which caused a blue screen im begining to think that both the hdd and ram are failing.
2X4GB Corsair Vengeance + 1X8GB Corsair Vengeance
980Ti
MDT 500GB HDD
Sandisk II 480GB SSD
Legit Windows 7 professional

Solution
update your bios or reset it to defaults then rerun memtest86
if it fails you want to manually confirm your bios memory timings are correct.
you should also indicate what failed in memtest.

there is little point in looking at the memory dumps until after you get a clean run of memtest86.

a kernel inpage error means the memory manager was unable to read something from the hard drive, this can be caused by the drive, loose cables, the sata controller, the sata controller drives (or BIOS) or the storage drivers. But with memory errors could have corrupted the address to make it a bad memory address which would have generated this bugcheck. the error code in the bug check would be 0xc0000005
if it was just a RAM problem.

normally, if...
on the memtest it means your memory is starting to fail and needs to be replace. i would suggest run a diagnostic on the drive to see if it's OK. go and DL seatools or WD data lifeguard. run a the test (Shot and long generic, smart, Self Diagnostic Test)...

hhmm go DL 'HD tune' check the SMART status...there maybe a warning(which seatools will report as passed in SMART), also the BSOD your having seems to have stem from the RAM, since you have an error there, suggest try and find which RAM is that and remove it see if that helps.

bugattiboy01

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014

I removed /switched ram then I did an un related virus check which then crashed as it failed to read from drive My main C SSD drive then it blue screened now I really have no idea what's going on.

update your bios or reset it to defaults then rerun memtest86
if it fails you want to manually confirm your bios memory timings are correct.
you should also indicate what failed in memtest.

there is little point in looking at the memory dumps until after you get a clean run of memtest86.

a kernel inpage error means the memory manager was unable to read something from the hard drive, this can be caused by the drive, loose cables, the sata controller, the sata controller drives (or BIOS) or the storage drivers. But with memory errors could have corrupted the address to make it a bad memory address which would have generated this bugcheck. the error code in the bug check would be 0xc0000005
if it was just a RAM problem.

normally, if you put the memory dump on a server, share it for public access and post a link I could get a good idea of the problem. But since you indicated a error with memtest, you should fix the timing or attempt to isolate the problem to a bad ram stick

Solution