Failing to get image through brand new Asus 6770

vimknight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Heya guys,
Well basically I just installed this card into my old system (the motherboard for the new gaming rig im building was DOA so I've gotta RMA it) and I can't get any images through my card.The computer is going to Post but I can't see it. The monitor just stays in sleep mode even if i restart it.

The fan on the card spins up fine, and the PCIE power slot is in. I have tried resetting the Bios but no joy :/ any clues?
Thanks,
~Dan

vimknight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
@daship the new board is dead. I've been building rigs for almost 6 years so I think I know a dead Mobo when I see one. That isnt the issue here anyway. The issue is that I can't get any images through the new card I ordered in my old rig. Read the post before commenting. espescially before coming across as an ass.
Thanks,
~Dan

daship

Distinguished

Don't get you panties in a bunch. Just stating the obvious. Wow you built a computer or 2 over 6 year time period. Good job, but it by no means makes you a pro, or a technician.

First of all you have a generic PSU that I wouldnt trust to run my xmas lights.

2nd You probably didnt hook the 12v ATX power to the motherboard, on your supposed dead motherboard or you didnt put the standoffs in the right place, or you bent something installing the cpu.

Maybe your didnt plug in the 6 pin power for the Video card.

Does your monitor come on when connected to the onboard video port? Maybe you have the card installed correctly but have the monitor plugged to the onboard video port, maybe the bios has to be set to post from video card before onboard. Its highly unlikely you got a doa mobo and GPU at the same time, unless the fedex guy threw it on your porch, lol.

TRENDING THREADS