[SOLVED] Failing water pump?

Aug 31, 2019
Hey. So some days ago I just took my water cooling out, refilled it, put some fresh new thermal paste, as I do every 6 months. So it booted normally, got a bit cooler operation etc. So suddently after about 8 days (today) I went into windows, and just were browsing a bit and then from nowhere my aio water cooling fans went to 100%, and I went into task manager and looked and cpu utilization was 2 %, so I went into a thermal monitor program, and saw that the tempratures were peaking at a wooping 90 - 100 degrees celius, so I got worried, shut my pc down. Then I went into bios, and it was maxing the fans there and going at 90 degrees, but one thing I noticed was that normally when I start my pc I hear a little sound from my pump, but now I didn't. So I plugged my PSU out, left it without power for 10 mins, plugged it in, and pump made sound, temps were back to normal and are now as I am writing this. What is happening?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K Overclocked to 4.7GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY Red 32GB DDR3
PSU: Kolink 850W White
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
AIO Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24.

https://prnt.sc/t1d8uc

Solution
Hey. So some days ago I just took my water cooling out, refilled it, put some fresh new thermal paste, as I do every 6 months. So it booted normally, got a bit cooler operation etc. So suddently after about 8 days (today) I went into windows, and just were browsing a bit and then from nowhere my aio water cooling fans went to 100%, and I went into task manager and looked and cpu utilization was 2 %, so I went into a thermal monitor program, and saw that the tempratures were peaking at a wooping 90 - 100 degrees celius, so I got worried, shut my pc down. Then I went into bios, and it was maxing the fans there and going at 90 degrees, but one thing I noticed was that normally when I start my pc I hear a little sound from my pump, but...
Hey. So some days ago I just took my water cooling out, refilled it, put some fresh new thermal paste, as I do every 6 months. So it booted normally, got a bit cooler operation etc. So suddently after about 8 days (today) I went into windows, and just were browsing a bit and then from nowhere my aio water cooling fans went to 100%, and I went into task manager and looked and cpu utilization was 2 %, so I went into a thermal monitor program, and saw that the tempratures were peaking at a wooping 90 - 100 degrees celius, so I got worried, shut my pc down. Then I went into bios, and it was maxing the fans there and going at 90 degrees, but one thing I noticed was that normally when I start my pc I hear a little sound from my pump, but now I didn't. So I plugged my PSU out, left it without power for 10 mins, plugged it in, and pump made sound, temps were back to normal and are now as I am writing this. What is happening?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K Overclocked to 4.7GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY Red 32GB DDR3
PSU: Kolink 850W White
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
AIO Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24.

https://prnt.sc/t1d8uc
It sounds like maybe the pump got hung up and didn't start that one time.

I would check the impeller etc to make sure it spins freely and if it happens again I would replace it.

Solution
Aug 31, 2019
I see that could have been the issue, if it happens again, I will be sure to go into bios to check what rpm it's running at, if it's at 0 (the pump) then that may be the issue.