fails to install KB2872339

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Fails 8024200D.
This has been going on for a couple of months. Tried everything. All I want is a definitive answer - a bit optimistic I know.
Gerard

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you look if the update already is installed?

You can find these on the left side next to the programs that are installed on your pc=configuration panel->programs->programs and parts (?)->left side ->show installed updates.
If it is you can "hide" the update by rightclicking it and choose hide.

Did you use the "System Update Readiness Tool" to try and fix this problem? Google this one.

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Interesting; I downloaded it and manually tried to install it. The result was a message saying that it was already installed on my computer. I check the installed patches again and it is definitely not shown as installed. I checked the install history and every incident of this update is recorded as a failure. ???

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I have another update that has been failing along with the above. I downloaded this and tried to update. The message this time was that this is not applicable to this computer.

So, one is already installed and the other one doesn't count. Instead if failing it would be easier to let me know the real reasons for the failures, or is that too much for Microsoft?

Thanks for the hint about trying it manually - solved my problem.

GREAT!!!