[SOLVED] Failure on starting a PC

Jul 12, 2021
Hello, I have a problem when I try to boot a PC, it doesn't start, It seems that the motherboard is always on but the fan/processor is not getting power supply enough to start, I need to push the start button several times, then sometimes it works.

I recorded a video: https://youtu.be/XKqRr7Y2Fj0

My pc is the following:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: Asus AMD B450, Motherboard Prime B450M-A/CSM
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 ZOTAC Gaming OC, 4GB GDDR6
Power Supply: 500W
HDD: 2TB Barracuda
SSD: 256 kingston (windows 10 on it)
1 extra fan

I started by do a full disconnect then full cleaning then re-arm everything, it didn't, the issue is still happening, the only thing that has helped me is removing 1 of the ram memory, it seems that it doesn't fail so much, sometimes I need only to push the start button 2 or 3 times, but before when I had the 2 ram memory on it took me 20 or 30 times without success.

I hope you can help me!

Thank you !

Federico L

Solution
That is frighteningly low quality. This is like trying to diagnose your flat tire and finding your engine is on fire. Worry about the PSU first, then re-evaluate with something that isn't dangerous.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Silly question, thing to try, next time it's off, unplug the power from the computer and press the power button (cycle the power). Then plug the power back in and try to turn it on. If it turns on it might be related to sleep states...

EDGE systems AF-B500P
D_NQ_NP_2X_600265-MLM45309309001_032021-F.webp

That's a very bad psu. It's not 500w, it's 300w on a lucky day. Replace it!

Reactions: Fluna83