Question Failure to Boot “Windows 10 Error Code 0xc00000f”

Garch

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
SYSTEM = HP Pavillion 590-p0100na Desktop
OS = Windows 10 Home

So I have just updated to the latest software patch and now my PC fails to boot with an error code “0xc00000f you’ll need to use recovery tools”

So went into BiOS to boot 1st from USB drive and inserted by flash recovery drive. Doesn’t work, put it into a USB port on the back of the unit, still doesn’t work (also unplug everything except mouse/keyboard & Monitor).

ENTER, F1 & F8 does nothing and ESC Leads me to a BIOS Startup Menu that just leads me back to the error screen

I try my image of the hard drive from an old backup external HDD and again had no luck. I do have a DVD drive, but I never made an image onto disk since the USB. I have cleared the CMOS several times hoping that might work, but doesn’t and I don’t have any other Windows devices in the house.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.

ak195

Distinguished
This error is related to corrupted windows installation boot config data or possible hdd bad sectors.

Solutions:
  1. Remove all external usb and hardrives, then check it
  2. Take out your hdd wires and put back in and then test it
  3. Repair the Windows
  4. Restore your Windows
  5. Reinstall Windows but keep old windows data so that you can retrieve files from it later.

Garch

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
This error is related to corrupted windows installation boot config data or possible hdd bad sectors.

Solutions:
  1. Remove all external usb and hardrives, then check it
  2. Take out your hdd wires and put back in and then test it
  3. Repair the Windows
  4. Restore your Windows
  5. Reinstall Windows but keep old windows data so that you can retrieve files from it later.
I have tried that with my USB recovery stick and my cloned Windows OS external hard drive, however it fails to recognise either and I have set my BIOS to recognise my USB ports first (nothing else attached expect keyboard & mouse)

ak195

Distinguished
Last solution is to reinstall Windows and make sure its clean installation. And after installing new Windows, don't install drivers manually, instead let Windows download the suitable one for you.

Garch

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
Thank you so I have worked out how to enter trouble shoot mode, which for future reference is F8 > f9 option and select the USB drive.

• Tried to rebuild Mbr
  • CMD "CheckDisk"
  • Tried Restore
  • Tried Rollback

NONE of them worked!!!!

Tried to reinstall Windows and it didn't pick up ANY drives in the installation process. I have checked cables and connections and they all appear intact. Wondering if I've damaged the HDD

TRENDING THREADS