Faint Clicking noise from PSU

ZenEdge

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Hey guys, so i recently noticed a very faint clicking noise coming from what i believe to be my PSU. When i boot up my PC i hear no such noise, and it only starts when i run a game for more than 20 minutes. Then the sound is continuous. I've looked online and every mention of clicking noises don't really match the one I'm getting.

It sounds exactly as if a wire would be hitting the fan, but the noise doesn't get any faster or louder under load, its just a continuous faint rattling/clicking noise. I've looked into the PSU with the lights off and have not seen any sparks, nor have i smelled anything burning.

I have not noticed any drops in PC performance, No hangups, no freezing, no sudden restarts or BSoDs. I cannot tell if its related to the fan or maybe one of the internal components of the PSU becoming faulty, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600w
Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070
CPU: i7 6700k

ZenEdge

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I am well aware of that. I am planning on getting a better PSU soon anyway. I am mostly curious about this because i want to know if replacing the PSU is super urgent, or if it can wait a bit longer. It has been running for a year no problems

ZenEdge

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Well, to be honest, that is not particularly helpful advice. But thanks anyway i guess.

Upon closer inspection i notice the sound is louder when i tilt PC on its side and put my ear next to the fan. So this leads me to believe that the fan is making this noise, as the sound is not as audible when i put my ear next to anywhere else on the PSU