Question Faint horizontal lines on the monitor (they are still)

Jul 14, 2020
Hello!
Not so recently I have bought a monitor Samsung S24R350. I have used it for over a month now, even though it has plenty of problems by itself which I can bare with ( faint vertical grid like patterns on orange and blue, bad uniformity etc) it was still pretty good for overall use, at least tolorable. But not so long ago I have discovered this weird artifact like patterns across the screen. They look like faint almost translucent black lines. Some are bigger then other's.
I've attached some pics as well. It is a completely grey picture, but as you can see there is small amount of darker shades here and there. It is quite hard to capture tbh. It is very prominent on grey pictures and plane one colour images.
I'm certain it isn't a graphics card, as I have another monitor that has no such problem. Are there any suggestions why they occur and can it be a case for a warranty repair or something like that?
Ulm4Q5u.jpg

aBLI0Ku.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
what refresh rate? Does it happen at any speed?

I found this = but most ips monitors with an lg panel have a vertical grid on certain colors at 75hz. - and although I know Samsung would use their own panels, it might be an IPS thing at low refresh rates.

It seems to happen on Dell, Asus, LG, Acer IPS monitors

Jul 14, 2020
what refresh rate? Does it happen at any speed?

I found this = but most ips monitors with an lg panel have a vertical grid on certain colors at 75hz. - and although I know Samsung would use their own panels, it might be an IPS thing at low refresh rates.

It seems to happen on Dell, Asus, LG, Acer IPS monitors
Thank you for your reply!
My refresh rate is 75hz thought it's the same on 60 and 50hz. I''m acquainted with what you are talking about. Faint vertical grid like patterns on orange and blue, that are indeed commong on lg type of panels. My monitor suffers from them as well, as I've mentioned in my post, though many said it doesn't. Either way it isn't as striking as on my previous monitors (lg, asus).
My issue is a little bit different, these lines look like a very small blacklight bleed if you get what I'm saying. That is if you imagine for example inormous huge horizontal black line on your tv or monitor on white picture, that is caused by a blacklight bleed. But in my case it's very small and very faint and is across the screen. Small black faint lines that are for some reason not promiment on white colour at all, but are on any plane colours like grey, dark blue, dark orange, and pretty much most of them.
I have changed settings, thought I haven't swapped cables, but tbh there is no need for that. Even without any cables, when I turn it on I can see these very faint lines.
I'm personaly think it is a backlight or panel problem, probably the first one. It's unlikely there is a solution to my problem.
The question that remains though - Is it a case for warranty repair or refund? What do you think? Thank you in advance.