[SOLVED] Fairly new Asus computer rebooting

Samanthalordd

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
I got this Asus computer about 3 or so months ago and ever since then I've been having issues with it rebooting when watching netflix, twitch, and playing/updating certain games. Ive tried resetting the computer, bios update, and reseating a ram stick that didnt look fully seated. We've been trying everything to not have to send it in so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they think the problem could be. Running windows 10 Specs: ROG Strix GA15DK, Gaming Desktop PC, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8 cores 16 Threads, up to 4.7GHz, Beat Intel i9-11900), Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB PCle SSD + 1TB HDD

Solution
I got this Asus computer about 3 or so months ago and ever since then I've been having issues with it rebooting when watching netflix, twitch, and playing/updating certain games. Ive tried resetting the computer, bios update, and reseating a ram stick that didnt look fully seated. We've been trying everything to not have to send it in so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they think the problem could be. Running windows 10 Specs: ROG Strix GA15DK, Gaming Desktop PC, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8 cores 16 Threads, up to 4.7GHz, Beat Intel i9-11900), Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB PCle SSD + 1TB HDD
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver...
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.) and update the bios to the latest after it.

• restart the pc to bios, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.
  • Install the latest nvidia driver , and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 of its only 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution