Fake 2Tb Flash Drive

Apr 5, 2018
OK I did it. I purchased one of those fake 2TB USB Flash Drives on ebay. I ran the test I downloaded from PCNET and it errored out (after hours and hours) of course but I was still curious about the true size. I deleted the partition and created a new 2TB simple volume and Win10 let me do it but I was not yet convinced. So I deleted that partition and created a new 8GB partition. No problem. I created a 2nd 8GB partition. Again No Problem. I created a 3rd 8 GB partition and it errored out upon formatting. So now I believe it is 16GB for sure, since if it was only 8GB I should have errored out on the second 8GB partition. Can I assume I have created a simple quick way to test?

USAFRet

Titan
That's one way to 'test'.

The other ways are:

1. Copy a bunch of files to it. 2-4-6-8-10GB.
How much is actually retrievable?
Generally, it lets you "copy" as much as you want. It simply overwrites the earlier data.

2. Price. If it is too cheap, its fake.

3. Read the description closely. They often kinda/sorta say it is fake.

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks USAFRet. I searched the internet and watched a bunch of Utube videos on testing but did not find this method. Doubt I will actually get a refund but I am trying. I appreciate your response.

If it was via paypal then a refund is basically guaranteed. I have bought fake gtx 750ti's (that were 550's) numerous times when I needed a cheap backup card and reflashed them.