[SOLVED] Fake 4gb Gtx 750ti?

Oct 16, 2020
While i was browsing through an internet catalog trying to look for parts to upgrade my pc with i came across a suspicious gtx 750ti that seems fake because it has 4gb of vram at a very low price from a brand called "Vurrion"

50236216-b882-4b26-a4b0-145b52ab32a6.jpg

Here is the pic the seller provided, what do you guys think?
(people have bought it and rated it 5 stars)

Solution
The 750ti only has 2Gb of Vram, so it's definitely not the real deal.
Not true, there are 1gb, 2gb and 4gb versions of the 750 ti.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti.c2548

GPU-Z is usually pretty good about identifying fakes and putting a [FAKE] in front of the model as well as an ! in a triangle. On the fake cards the specs will also not match the card it is trying to mimic and on this they do match what you should see on a 750 Ti so it does appear to be legit. The brand Vurrion is not one I have heard of and seems to be limited to the Indonesian area.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Apparently there is a gtx 750 ti with 4gb vram.

While i was browsing through an internet catalog trying to look for parts to upgrade my pc with i came across a suspicious gtx 750ti that seems fake because it has 4gb of vram at a very low price from a brand called "Vurrion"

50236216-b882-4b26-a4b0-145b52ab32a6.jpg

Here is the pic the seller provided, what do you guys think?
(people have bought it and rated it 5 stars)

Joseph_138

Distinguished
There's a lot of fake video cards from China floating around out there that people are getting scammed on. All they do is flash an older card that nobody wants anymore to identify as a newer card that is still in demand. You won't know what you are getting unless you tear it down to see the numbers on the GPU itself, but some of them are getting smart and sanding off the numbers so you can't even use that to identify what you have. I'd stay away.

bignastyid

Titan

GPU-Z is usually pretty good about identifying fakes and putting a [FAKE] in front of the model as well as an ! in a triangle. On the fake cards the specs will also not match the card it is trying to mimic and on this they do match what you should see on a 750 Ti so it does appear to be legit. The brand Vurrion is not one I have heard of and seems to be limited to the Indonesian area.

Solution

Cool I didn't know that I guess you learn something new every day!