Question Fake amazon calls

Their are lots of different types of amazon scams but i have start getting a new type.
Its a real person not a machine , you are told that due to the amount of items you have ordered they would like to give you a £45 gift voucher , it is only valid for 30 days so if you dont use it they will put the money into your account .... GIVE ME YOUR BANK DETAILS.

Ralston18

Titan
I have gotten a couple of similar calls during the last month or so.

Knowing that Amazon does not call I let the calls go to the answering machine. Person sounds real but is not - it is taped.

Scammers are making the effort to sound "live".

Just listen a few times.... Then enjoy deleting the message.

As stated in the preceding posts: pure scam!

Reactions: COLGeek
I phoned amazon and they confirmed fake , the problem is the calls are so convincing that i am not suprised people get caught out.

FUNNY ONE !...... I got a so called call from microsoft lol , as the lady started to talk to me i heard her laugh and say to somebody ( supervisor ) i have forgot what i am supposed to say.

Reactions: Phaaze88 and Krotow
Call center scams seems not rare at all. Especially in western countries. If I would receive call from "Microsoft", would instantly hang up without thinking. In my country "Microsoft" appear in person only in form of police extortion when some business become suspected in counterfeit software using.

The call come in phases , none for a long time then boom !
Over past few days , i have had loads of microsoft ( not them ) , amazon and my isp , allegedly.
I have to answer the phone when it rings because my wife is seriously ill in hospital.
I am in england and was wondering if other countries get these calls.

USAFRet

Titan
The call come in phases , none for a long time then boom !
Over past few days , i have had loads of microsoft ( not them ) , amazon and my isp , allegedly.
I have to answer the phone when it rings because my wife is seriously ill in hospital.
I am in england and was wondering if other countries get these calls.
Here (USA), I get:
Car warranty
Credit card limit increase
House security system
Completely unknown, because thy don't say anything

And they are not targeting you specifically. Literally just robodialing every possible number until they get an answer.
I use Ooma for my house landline. I have a second phone number, that has never ever been published, anywhere. Never given to anyone, private or public.
I'd have to look it up just to see what the number is.
A few months ago, I gave it its own ring tone. That number gets these as well.

And these numbers are on the Federal DoNotCall list. That means nothing, because these call centers are overseas somewhere. You can guess via the accent.
I once had a young lady start swearing at me after I tried to ask her if the words FTC and FCC meant anything. She discovered I was "American" and commenced to calling me names.

In theory, if you get to a human and request that your number be deleted from their list, they MUST remove you.
However, their workaround for that is...they hang up as soon as you start the request.
"Please remo..." click"
They can then, theoretically and semi truthfully, state that you never actually requested to be removed.

D

Deleted member 14196

I have my iPhone Silence ALL unknown callers. If it's important, they will leave a message. Screw scammers.

like, if it's my dr's office, they will ALWAYS leave a message.