[SOLVED] Fake cards

Apr 25, 2020
Do people still sell fake gtx 960s on eBay? Kinda want an answer since I bought on earlier and I got no clue if it’s real or not

Do people still sell fake gtx 960s on eBay? Kinda want an answer since I bought on earlier and I got no clue if it’s real or not

Haven't heard any news about that in a while but it's always possible. You can use GPU-Z to check the bios and other internal information stored on the card that can't easily be modified by scammers. Also try comparing benchmarks to see if your card is in the same bracket as others who have similar setups.

Apr 25, 2020
Haven't heard any news about that in a while but it's always possible. You can use GPU-Z to check the bios and other internal information stored on the card that can't easily be modified by scammers. Also try comparing benchmarks to see if your card is in the same bracket as others who have similar setups.
Alright g thanks for an actual answer

Apr 25, 2020
That is all between you, them, and paypal.
Start with paypal.
its no worries i looked everything up, i have to contact the seller first already done he obviously wont admit its a fake card, i've given him what you said which made it a fake card even tho it wont do anything (I doubt it anyway) after 3 business days if its not solved or being solved then i can just get ebay to step in and i'll get guaranteed money back and since its counterfeit he can get his account locked quite easily.

DSzymborski

Titan
Man, that's a lazy fake too. As offended as I am by fake GPUs, I'm even more offended by the fakes so lazy that they didn't even bother to accurately lie about the specs. If I'm the victim of a scam, I at least want the scammer to have made an effort to steal from me.

Apr 25, 2020
Man, that's a lazy fake too. As offended as I am by fake GPUs, I'm even more offended by the fakes so lazy that they didn't even bother to accurately lie about the specs.
its sad when you dont know ** about pcs but its whatever i'll get the money back quite easily they wont bother responding and if they do all they will say is oh no we can show you it real!!!!! but then ill just get ebay involved they'll show its counterfeit and money back easy then i'll buy a real one off amazon or some --

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 25, 2020
That is all between you, them, and paypal.
Start with paypal.
Got a refund quite quickly woke up and the seller seemed to have got co operative when i mentioned ebay shutting his account down for selling counterfeit goods. loool he cancelled the order and refunded me gonna report him now.

poorbugger

Distinguished
I know it's late but yup there are always people selling fake gpus. I just got scammed recently. Bought a rx580 as marketed for 120usd except that it's the china version of rx 580 which is rx570 with 2048sp. It's not the worst but still it sucks. Be careful out there when buying used or cheap gpus

Apr 25, 2020
I know it's late but yup there are always people selling fake gpus. I just got scammed recently. Bought a rx580 as marketed for 120usd except that it's the china version of rx 580 which is rx570 with 2048sp. It's not the worst but still it sucks. Be careful out there when buying used or cheap gpus
yea i've became a lot smarter now when buying cards / computer parts quite easy to spot them i suggest even if you arent the richest do not buy from ebay unless you're a 10000% sure its real get some guidance from here too. If your not tech savy go straight to amazon, and also go on here for guidance for cheaper but good gpus. its also quite easy to get your money back on ebay anyway if thats where you bought from. Good luck on getting your money back.

USAFRet

Titan
yea i've became a lot smarter now when buying cards / computer parts quite easy to spot them i suggest even if you arent the richest do not buy from ebay unless you're a 10000% sure its real get some guidance from here too. If your not tech savy go straight to amazon, and also go on here for guidance for cheaper but good gpus. its also quite easy to get your money back on ebay anyway if thats where you bought from. Good luck on getting your money back.
Even Amazon/Newegg is not 100% sure.
You need to verify it is 'Sold and Shipped by...'.

They both have 3rd party sellers, that are not much better than fleabay.