[SOLVED] fake your pc hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018
i got nvidia geforce now but it says that i dont meet minimum sys req for streaming. is there any way to trick it into thiking im running better hardware?

Solution
It's entirely possible your GPU is so old it's missing hardware blocks required for streaming (i.e. video encoder). Even if not, it may simply be too weak to get good streaming performance anyway.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

sure, but was that my question?

Ramlethal

Estimable
There is no actual way to bypass system requeriments... To make it clear: If you have no hands you cant Drive no matter what you do.
Here is the same thing: If your PC cant handdle the minimum stress to stream recording then you CANT stream record.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

so no way to trick the program? i mean it says minimum is 600 series. you peronaly think that gtx 580 wont run that?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

ok it will have terible performance but that was not my question. i asked is there way to trick it into thinking im running better specs i didnt say how to download gpu ffs.

Ramlethal

Estimable

No, 600 series is requeried because they introduce a component on its drivers that allows to properly stream record Older cards wont function cause the program was programmed to function arround those Drivers and ofcourse there is no way to install Drivers from Another card to a Card that dosent support them.
As i said, its a Physical impediment like someone who's blind will never be able to see again. Here happends exactly the same.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Don't know what you mean by "download GPU".

If video streaming isn't going to work regardless, what's the point? As I said, your GPU physically lacks the component (NVENC encoder) required for Nvidia's streaming software to work. If you could somehow trick it into running it'd just crash.

You can always use other software like OBS to stream.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

once again you are telling me it wont work anyway. i will tell you once again ok i still want to try. i tried to play fortnite mobile on acer liquid zest 4g, it said that my phone is too week. after i tricked the game into thinking im running samsung s8 it worked like a charm. now this is my last try. can you trick the program into thing im running any other gpu or cup or whatever? im not asking if it will run or not.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

ok sure it will crash. i want it to crash jus ttell me do you know any way to make it thing ive got better specs becuse i despretly want the program to crash

There are fake Chinese GPU's sold on auction sitese that report that they are something different then they actuallyare. So the answer to your original question is yes.
How it's done is probably a flashed(fake) bios on the GPU. It can technically be done, but it's not worth the effort.

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Did you buy a Chinese knock off? Be aware that there are people re-flashing old cards and changing the specs. I bought one on eBay for $60 just for the kicks and it runs fine using normal tasks, but for gaming.... The system would start crashing like crazy. Here's a video: Fake GTX 960 Scam

So to answer your questions, yes, it can be done.

What you can do is flash a fake bios on your card.
But:
1. you destroy your card
2. the drivers will be wrong and the card will not if ever function correctly again
3. you acomplish nothing

It's either get a supported card or don't stream. Your card physically does not have the components to run the software. No matter what you do it will not run the software not now not ever. The reason your phone worked was because it DID have all the hardware available for it, just that epic locks out lower end devices so people don't start complaining about bad performance or incompatibility issues and whatnot.

Tl;dr. Gpu's is too old for the software and if you want to fake it to still not run the software you'll end up with a permanently broken card.

Status
Not open for further replies.