Falcon NW Tiki, Digital Storm Bolt II or Maingear Potenza?

WillPC

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I am in the market for a new gaming computer, my current gaming PC is 7 years old and although it still runs most games maxed out (the ones I play anyway) it has become sloppy and the full tower case I used back then isn't as attractive as it used to be.

I have never bought a prebuilt computer before and I am well aware that building your own is cheaper. I have not excluded that option yet and if I did end up building my own it would probably be in the Bitfenix Phenom case which is the only mATX case that I have found that was attractive (although I'd prefer something smaller).

Now going back to prebuilt PCs, which of these 3 would you suggest? Maingear appears to be the cheapest of the 3 while the other two are about the same for similar configs. Design wise the Tiki is probably my favorite, but I like all of them a lot.

For the Tiki and Bolt II, a $2400 USD ($2661 CAD) build came up at around $2000 (Using a Bitfenix Phenom case) on NCIX by shopping for each part. That would mean a $600-$700 premium for the assembly, warranty and testing (and their homemade case).

Aside from that, which of these 3 companies is the most reliable and does any of these company uses low quality parts like some other prebuilt companies I've heard of?

Which of these 3 machines would you say is the better investment?

rvilkman

Distinguished
Well this is the kind of machine you can put together for 2100 USD on your own.
Including the current fastest GPU, fastest CPU for that form factor, one of the fastest 256GB SSD's and a really high quality 80+ platinum PSU.
And obviously OS as well. Not sure what your stuff had for specs, but if you are not getting this much power you are really overpaying.

Obviously if you want to go larger with the Phenom-M it does allow some tweaking and would allow the use of SLI.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NTnA
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NTnA/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NTnA/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($86.45 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI IMPACT Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($209.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($699.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: BitFenix Phenom Midnight Black Mini ITX Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($146.97 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2111.32
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-05 16:34 EST-0500)