Fall Of Oriath Expansion Coming To 'Path Of Exile' With Six New Acts, 24 Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished

I heard that they're scrapping the additional difficulty levels entirely, in favor of the new Acts. How that plays out exactly... remains to be seen. Especially with regard to existing characters and skill points.

PoE isn't THAT demanding, and eyecandy can be adjusted to further assist. I have been using the DX11 "preview" renderpath for a while with zero problems, and it seems a bit more steady when running The Trial. I am hoping that after the Xbox One port, they'll have a DX12 path too. I wish them luck on the Xbox conversion, the more success they see (regardless of platform) the better off they are as a company.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

I have a phenom II 955 be that overheats when playing that game, i also have 677mhz ram that had to be downclocked from 800 to stop throwing errors on a motherboard that also gets VERY hot.

I may be able to play it but not without some massive frame drops in heavy combat areas, I believe i am about 2/3 or so the way through the second playthrough, stopped playing partially because it eats ram that is hard for me to close programs just to open the game... new pc will have 32 or 64gb of ram so I realistically never have to close a program again just to start up a game, along with a processor that is between twice and up to 70 times more powerful than what I have if the benchmark can be taken as fact, but generally around 5-8 times faster is the given.

gpu needs to go back to msi on rma because of fans, but that is more then capable of playing the game maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.