'Fallout 4' DLC Includes Robotic Companion, Enemy Cages, New Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout 4 is a fun game and I am personally fine with paying for DLC, we used to call them Expansion Packs, if there is enough content which Bethesda tends to do well normally.

But I think the price jump on March 1st is wrong. To offer it for one price then jump it up for the same amount of content just feels greedy, and this is a company whose products sell well no matter what as they have a name for fun RPGs.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Fallout 4 is a fun game and I am personally fine with paying for DLC, we used to call them Expansion Packs, if there is enough content which Bethesda tends to do well normally.

But I think the price jump on March 1st is wrong. To offer it for one price then jump it up for the same amount of content just feels greedy, and this is a company whose products sell well no matter what as they have a name for fun RPGs.

look at eirly access, you pay for something early you typically get it for less then full, for this game you bought the season pass about 6 months before content even got announced for it, and now that they decided on 60$ worth of content, they are upping the season pass for people who waited.

i see this as fair.

also, bethesda tends to have at least 1 or 2 throw away contents per game, oblivion was the worst of it and they have gotten better, but don't forget about past mistakes.

i was waiting on word of what was going to come out to get the season pass, now that i know, i can put down 30 on it.

Caanis Lupus

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
I want the creation kit so I can finally have... precise movement of settlement assets through modding not using .bat files.
pretty sure there are already mods for precise movements.
For the PC there is, OC Decorator. keeps npcs from bowling over items you place using the mod.

For the season pass price hike, who didn't see that coming? As Alidan pointed out, it only makes sense to buy the season pass if you are dead set to buy all the DLC they release regardless if it is going to be horse armor. ;) The people that wait to see if something sucks pay for the luxury of time and confirmed content, the people that blindly buy season pass are strapped down for the ride regardless if it is everything/something they would wanted or not. I bought season pass with the bundle, was I nervous, a little. I was mostly worried that the DLC might not measure up to the crazy quality/quantity that the mod community has/will put out.

Given that I have restarted nearly a dozen times just because I found a new mod or wanted to redo something based on something I ran into later, I will be playing FO4 for a long time. Still haven't been to Diamond City.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I've never finished the main quest line because I hate the 'sophie's choice' they jam down your throat - but I still play the game and have had enough fun with the many side quests and other activities that I'm perfectly happy with the game as a whole. I AM hoping to see graphics quality improve similar to how mod's have cranked up Skyrim to 11, and I think once the mod community gets tools we'll see a flood of new content and capability for the title. Should be fun for quite some time to come.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for the price hike heads up - just bought the DLC Season Pass. I love the game and the Harbor alone is worth it to me.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
There is a precise movement mod, but it uses .bat commands outside the games script. Its a bit more difficult to do things like snap an object to the nearest whole number verse 1.0032598. Basically it works by sending in a scripted input verse referencing the objects actual position.

Fallout 3 is the only game I managed to finish. I played FNV, Oblivion, Skyrim for hundreds of collective hours but just never managed to finish them.

I dropped F3 and FNV due to stuttering, but then found the ifpsclamp solution and was shocked at how much SMOOTHER that made both games (it's the ONLY solution that works however the game is unplayable if dropping below 60Hz on a 60FPS monitor... which I rarely did at max, 1080p settings using a GTX680/770 and some basic mods).

Oblivion and Skyrim were just so long life got in the way. I didn't plan to do every quest, but i wanted to do most of it.

Fallout 4?
Frankly, I won't play it. From the comments it feels like they've changed things too far away from the experience I liked.

I loved Morrowind despite the now very dated graphics and mechanics. Oblivion improved much but took some away. Skyrim did so even more.

The entire franchise just feels it gets more generic all the time. There are other titles I'd far rather play now.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
They definitely catered to consoles on Fallout 4. One of the annoying things is the Vsync in the game. Its limited to 30 fps like a console title. If you force it off and use a frame-rate limter to 60 fps, then your gameplay's timing is suddenly 2x faster. Good news is the guy who makes ENBs released ENBoost and a dynamic shadow draw distance for the game which makes it a very good experience using 4k textures.

It's locked to 60FPS by default on PC, but yes if you go above this you have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS