Question Fallout 4 vanilla runs at low fps on a decent rig !!

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020
Hey, I've been having some very extreme problems with this game, ever since I bought it. I get around 20 to 40 fps, which is bad enough in itself, but this is with the lowest possible graphics and no graphics mods activated. I'm extremely confused by this and any help would be appreciated my PC specs are :
Intel Core i7-9700k
780 GTX
8GB DDR3 RAM
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to know why I'm struggling to play this game with good graphics, or even low graphics with such decent specs. It's getting on my nerves.

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Your cpu is very adequate, but your gpu is a bit on the old side it should still be able to play the game with at least 60fps especially if graphics options are turned down! I'm a bit concerned about your ram. Are you sure it's not ddr4? Cos ddr3 isnt compatible with that cpu/ motherboard.

What are your cpu and gpu temps under load and what's the usage for for cpu, gpu and ram?

What resolution are you playing at?

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020
Your cpu is very adequate, but your gpu is a bit on the old side it should still be able to play the game with at least 60fps especially if graphics options are turned down! I'm a bit concerned about your ram. Are you sure it's not ddr4? Cos ddr3 isnt compatible with that cpu/ motherboard.

What are your cpu and gpu temps under load and what's the usage for for cpu, gpu and ram?

It's DDR4 sorry, my bad .
I am running the game at 1080p and in wastelanda where there's not much going on it runs at 40fps but in towns full of NPCS it's like 20 fps .

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020

It's DDR4 sorry, my bad .
I am running the game at 1080p and in wastelanda where there's not much going on it runs at 40fps but in towns full of NPCS it's like 20 fps .

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
So your saying that the witcher 3 med - high gives much better fps?? If so then it's most likely the game itself or driver issues imo.

Have you tried using ddu to uninstall gpu drivers then reinstalling the newest drivers?

What are cpu and gpu temps?
What are cpu , gpu and ram usage?
These are important to know