Fallout: New Vegas Golden, Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Amazing news and it's great to see that it doesn't require anything insane just to run it. I hope it lives up to it's predecessors.

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
I'm glad this isn't a sequel...Not to spoil or anything, but the way the first one ended for our hero, I really didn't want to continue playing any of the expansions...donno why I just felt the story was over and so who cares...

bhamx2

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Your probs going to be looking at any quad core machine 3gb with a 4850 to be running this on high at high res

From the screenshots I've seen, it doesn't look any prettier than the original Fallout 3. So the specs should be about the same would be my guess. Sounds like maybe all they did was make it multi-core friendly perhaps?

Should still be a fun game to try out. The original was fun for a while. :)

Gotta love how they were so faithful to the look and feel of some of the best post-apocalyptic movies. Of course Mad Max and the Road Warrior come to mind. But the film "A Boy and His Dog" was clearly the inspiration for the dog companion in the game.

I'm glad they are making it Windows 7 compatible, but it sounds like Steam needs to be running in the background in order to play.

G

Are they CRAZY, no one has a PC THAT powerful! I'm tired of these elitist devs screwing over us loyal PC gamers. My 512mb RAM isn't up to the job anymore. :(

Are they CRAZY, no one has a PC THAT powerful! I'm tired of these elitist devs screwing over us loyal PC gamers. My 512mb RAM isn't up to the job anymore. :(

Don't get too upset with the game developers. With 512MB of RAM, that's barely enough to run vista or W7 well.

PhunkySKunk

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]WeldenDowd[/nom]Are they CRAZY, no one has a PC THAT powerful! I'm tired of these elitist devs screwing over us loyal PC gamers. My 512mb RAM isn't up to the job anymore.[/citation]

I'm going to go out on a limb an hope you are being sarcastic...

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Really not to impressed by the specs so far. I'd really like to see some implementation of DX11.
The real value of the latest Bethseda games has been the mod ability of them though. It would just be nice to really test out my 5970.

bhamx2

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
[citation][nom]bluntobjection[/nom]Really not to impressed by the specs so far. I'd really like to see some implementation of DX11. The real value of the latest Bethseda games has been the mod ability of them though. It would just be nice to really test out my 5970.[/citation]

tbh i dont think devs have it in their best interest to make games that will test the power of a 5970... otherwise we'd have another crysis on our hands meaning mainstream gamers have to wait 3 years to have the hardware to run as it was intended.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
To me, those specs say that instead of wasting their time and money primarily on a bleeding-edge visual presentation, the devs actually spent time putting together a full and rich gaming experience. The more studios that take up Crytek's M.O., the less accessible PC games will be to the mainstream.

I find this refreshing and expect yet another top-notch experience that's still pretty to look at.

bhamx2

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
[citation][nom]jazz84[/nom]To me, those specs say that instead of wasting their time and money primarily on a bleeding-edge visual presentation, the devs actually spent time putting together a full and rich gaming experience. The more studios that take up Crytek's M.O., the less accessible PC games will be to the mainstream.I find this refreshing and expect yet another top-notch experience that's still pretty to look at.[/citation]

Although i really like good graphics i totally agree.... that said fallout 3's graphics in the port to the ps3 were horrendous lol

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bluntobjection[/nom]Really not to impressed by the specs so far. I'd really like to see some implementation of DX11. The real value of the latest Bethseda games has been the mod ability of them though. It would just be nice to really test out my 5970.[/citation]

If a game requires too much(crysis) you kids get pissed and if it requires too little you get pissed... You really should spend your time hitting on girls instead.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]If a game requires too much(crysis) you kids get pissed and if it requires too little you get pissed... You really should spend your time hitting on girls instead.[/citation]

No l33t gamer was ever pissed by high system requirements.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]No l33t gamer was ever pissed by high system requirements.[/citation]
Whatever happened to 1337

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
what? they aren't using 3-4 types of steam clones as well as steam? That's highly unusual(dow II I'm lookin at you) and refreshing.

nativeson8803

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I really hope the game has updated graphics. It's okay for them to make games that can be played on 8800 series on up, but anything before that and it's like, come on, how about rewarding those of us that actually have new hardware!

Status
Not open for further replies.