[SOLVED] FalloutNV and skyrim core usage.

Sep 28, 2020
I'm trying to find out how many cores both FalloutNV and the original skyrim can use. I tried googleing it but came up with mixed answers. I don't have ether game installed right now or I'd just play them and take a look at the core usages.
I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I only use my computer to play older games aside from FalloutNV, skyrim and Warband witch are getting rather old too now that I think of it. So disabling the unneeded cores would save a little on heat and sound.

Sep 28, 2020
Thanks. I always played at 75fps and never had a problem.
So basically I could disabled all but 2 cores and leave HT on. That should help keep heat down and help me push 1-200 more MHZ out if the cpu once I get around to overclocking the system.

Sep 28, 2020
Physics are tied to framerate, a small difference is ok but if you disable vsync completely and play at like 200FPS you get all kind of weird behavior.
Sounds like a fun thing to play with. I got ACHI working on the system last night so maybe tomorrow I'll get to try out these two games on the system

Sep 28, 2020
Wow so I disabled 2 cores last night and wow did the CPU run cooler. 4 cores with HT on and the CPU maxed around 53c, two cores off with HT on and the temps dropped down to 46c. The system is water cooled. Anyway that will give a lot more OCing head room. :)