false proxy detection by netflix

mjohnayres

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
When my isp assigned IP is in a certain range within their block, netflix and others say i am using vpn/proxy. nobody wants to know. i cant figure it out.

Solution
You can't really change your external ip(outside of using a proxy or vpn) as it set by your ISP. It shouldn't be a problem for them to assign you a new one.

Dave8671

Distinguished
In a web browser you can check and turn on and off the poxy setting.

Double-click Mozilla Firefox icon.On the Mozilla Firefox window

click on Tools then click Options. Click Advanced...

Click the Network tab then click on the Settings button.

On the Connection Settings window, ensure that the No Proxy option is selected.

mjohnayres

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks. Unfortunately the problem occurs on all devices on the network and all are proxy/vpn free.
Also note every time it happens i have been assigned an external ip in a certain range like 208.83.86.xxx.
The "86" is wot does it. isp a has no clue and nflx kiss me off.

Dave8671

Distinguished

Please list the devices affected and use tbis command in windows command line

Ipconfig /all

The IP if you are using a C class network address

It should be 192.168.1.101 in this format

Do you have IP6 enabled? If so disable it in the network configuration.

Once you use the command look at your DNS addresses if they are already
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 than hmm. This is openDNS you can it in the network configuration.

Can you acess the configuration on your router?

Dave8671

Distinguished
You can change the DNS that you use. My isp uses opendns by default. Most cable companies do not. In the past I have read posts which describes an isp using an out of state dns and Netflix blocks them thinking they are a poxy. I looked for a post I read once I found it its archived but you can still read it. link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comments/42jmt4/receiving_proxy_error_when_no_proxyvpn_in_use_us/

In your case its seems your ip is blacklisted meaning blocked. Asking for a new dhcp lease from your isp could fix the issue. Or ask the isp to contact Netflix to whitelist isps like yours.

Latest posts