False start in CPU

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I was starting the CPU of my PC as usual I do on other days. But by chance, it gave a false start. I mean, the UPS made a sound, the sound indication of power failure, but there was not any, only the monitor had started, but booting has not started. Then, I pressed the CPU power button, and the CPU started as normally with Windows booting operations running. After that, the Windows start screen showed up normally as usual with all operations running smoothly. My query is, why this has happened? Is my PC OK? Has anything gone wrong?

Solution
Seems like it may have been a power issue in your home, and your UPS may be kind of small for your PC. So when you went to start it the spike in power draw from first startup was too much for the UPS's battery. What model UPS do you have?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Seems like it may have been a power issue in your home, and your UPS may be kind of small for your PC. So when you went to start it the spike in power draw from first startup was too much for the UPS's battery. What model UPS do you have?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS