Question Fan choice for absolute silence, and orientation

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
1. Should I go with be-quiet pure wings 2, or noctua nf-a12 for absolute silence? Or are there any better absolutely silent fans that move a bit of air? I have a mini itx case and I just want to help out my 2070 super with some airflow. I have 25mm of clearance between the video card and the side panel. I have the silverstone ml07b case.

2. How should I orient the fans? Should I have 1 blowing air at the video card and 1 exhausting the air, or both pushing air at the video card? I have the MSI Gaming X rtx 2070 super (not the trio).

Lutfij

Titan
1| Sound is as subjective as aesthetics are. I've found that I can hear the ticking of a motor in pretty much any fans while some don't take notice to them. I also found people with ears more sensitive than I. If 120mm and an itx chassis, look at fans with high air pressure.

2| Now that I see that case. I wouldn't suggest getting any fans in there at all. For the size of the chassis and the locations of the fan mounts for the GPU, you're only going to stuff more air than the heat dumped from the card can exhaust.

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
1| Sound is as subjective as aesthetics are. I've found that I can hear the ticking of a motor in pretty much any fans while some don't take notice to them. I also found people with ears more sensitive than I. If 120mm and an itx chassis, look at fans with high air pressure.

2| Now that I see that case. I wouldn't suggest getting any fans in there at all. For the size of the chassis and the locations of the fan mounts for the GPU, you're only going to stuff more air than the heat dumped from the card can exhaust.

1. I dont like high pitch fan sounds if you know what I mean. I like fans that are low to very low pitch. For a real-world example, my Coolermaster g100m isnt too loud on my old FX 4300 when I am around 3 feet away from the fan and doing light web browsing and watching youtube videos.
  2. What do you mean by the locations of the fan mounts for the video card? Lining up the fan mounts on the case with the fans on the video card? If so its only 10, maybe 20mm