[SOLVED] Fan configuration on the Lian-li case

Solution
I was planning on putting a 240 AIO cooler at the top, then another fan next to it as exhaust, the rest is up in the air.

Well, that's what I am contemplating. I am not entirely sure if it is optimal to use all the spots. Should I?
You probably don't need to use all the spots but I'd probably use two-120mm fans on both the bottom and side just to get the air to flow through the system well.

Depending on the motherboard you may need some fan splitters or a fan hub as I don't think the case comes with one.

I Josh I

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
I would do bottom/side (with filters) setup as intake and the top as exhaust. Are you going to use all 9 spots for fans?
I was planning on putting a 240 AIO cooler at the top, then another fan next to it as exhaust, the rest is up in the air.

Well, that's what I am contemplating. I am not entirely sure if it is optimal to use all the spots. Should I?

WildCard999

Titan

You probably don't need to use all the spots but I'd probably use two-120mm fans on both the bottom and side just to get the air to flow through the system well.

Depending on the motherboard you may need some fan splitters or a fan hub as I don't think the case comes with one.

Solution

I Josh I

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019

Depending on the motherboard you may need some fan splitters or a fan hub as I don't think it comes with one.
So I would have the 240 AIO accompanied by a 120mm at the top as exhaust. Than 2 120mm fans on both the side and the bottom as intake.

Yeah good idea, that's a good amount of fans to power. Thanks for the suggestion.

I Josh I

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Positive air pressure would require you to use all the fan slots.

But positive pressure isn't always necessary.
For positive air pressure in this case, would you have the side and the bottom fans as intake, then the top as exhaust? So 3 120mm on both the side and the bottom, then the 240 AIO + 120mm at the top as exhaust?

WildCard999

Titan
So I would have the 240 AIO accompanied by a 120mm at the top as exhaust. Than 2 120mm fans on both the side and the bottom as intake.

Yeah good idea, that's a good amount of fans to power. Thanks for the suggestion.
I wouldn't bother with the additional fan on top initially, just two on the side and bottom as you may not even have the room depending on the radiator.

WildCard999

Titan
Just out of curiosity, do you have any 120mm brand recommendations?
If you don't need anything flashy and want them to be quiet I'd get these.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 51.4 CFM 120 mm Fan ($13.20 @ OutletPC)
Total: $13.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 16:38 EDT-0400

For RGB stuff I would look at ARGB fans as they have a bit more multicolor options on the fans themselves instead of going with a single color or color spectrum change. Corsair has some nice ones but there a bit pricey.

I Josh I

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
If you don't need anything flashy and want them to be quiet I'd get these.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 51.4 CFM 120 mm Fan ($13.20 @ OutletPC)
Total: $13.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 16:38 EDT-0400

For RGB stuff I would look at ARGB fans as they have a bit more multicolor options on the fans themselves instead of going with a single color or color spectrum change. Corsair has some nice ones but there a bit pricey.
Awesome! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.