[SOLVED] Fan connector issue

Solution
By the way, this is not a PWM type fan. It is a 3-pin model, with its speed controlled by changing the voltage supplied on Pin #2; it can NOT be speed controlled if the mobo header is using the new PWM Mode.

I agree, that's an odd connector. The other one is exactly what you expect for a standard 3-pin female fan connector, right? I presume this fan does NOT have any RGB lights in its frame, either. So, are this odd connector's wires just tapped into the wires for the other connector, or are they two separate cables coming form the fan motor? If they are simply in parallel with the other connector, they MAY be for use with a different style of mobo fan header that I have not seen. In that case, do NOT connect this to anything. The fan...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
By the way, this is not a PWM type fan. It is a 3-pin model, with its speed controlled by changing the voltage supplied on Pin #2; it can NOT be speed controlled if the mobo header is using the new PWM Mode.

I agree, that's an odd connector. The other one is exactly what you expect for a standard 3-pin female fan connector, right? I presume this fan does NOT have any RGB lights in its frame, either. So, are this odd connector's wires just tapped into the wires for the other connector, or are they two separate cables coming form the fan motor? If they are simply in parallel with the other connector, they MAY be for use with a different style of mobo fan header that I have not seen. In that case, do NOT connect this to anything. The fan should be connected to only ONE power source header.

Solution