Fan Control and Fan Compatibility

Lambo5

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hi, so pretty much this may be considered silly but I'll continue. I want a fan control to monitor both my RPM and temp, in addition to this I have a spare fan control laying around but I wanted to know whether "ML120 PRO LED White 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan" (Four of these fans) (Amazon) and the
"NZXT Sentry 3 Touch Screen Fan Controller" (Amazon) will be compatible with my motherboard which is an Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1? Thank you!

Also will I need any adapters and if so which ones and why?

Solution

Sabretooth Z97 Mark 1 has four 4 pin (4 pin mean PWM controlled) fan header.
sys_fan... where you connect case fan previously? look at the motherboard, or manual, should be listed there.
if you don't want to use Y split, you can buy 4...

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
Connect two sys_fan header to 4 pin header on sentry 3 connect two ML120 PRO to 4 pin Y split and connect Y split to sentry 3, one sentry 4 pin header will be enough to control two fans (using Y split) in uniform RPM. The temperature sensor is at +- 10C accurate depend on placement

Lambo5

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

So is my motherboard compatible with both the fans and fan control and also what do you mean by sys_fan? im sorry im completely new to this. Also do i need the splitters and could you link them in the reply please?

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016

Sabretooth Z97 Mark 1 has four 4 pin (4 pin mean PWM controlled) fan header.
sys_fan... where you connect case fan previously? look at the motherboard, or manual, should be listed there.
if you don't want to use Y split, you can buy 4 pin fan cable, connect 4 pin cable to motherboard/sentry, connect 4 pin fan cable to sentry

Solution

Lambo5

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Could you please link me to the required cables? , I had the computer built by another person and therefore not confident in what I'm saying.