Fan control on h150i pro rgb

Domi430

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
so i just bought and installed my h150i pro rgb after my old h100iv2 pump broke….
now when i had the h100iv2 i was able to control the fan speed of the sp120 rgb fans (3 pin)
that were connected to the fan headers attached to the AIO pump using ai suite3

Now that i have the h150i pro rgb i am not able to control anny of the 3 sp120 rgb fan speeds.
they run at 100% all the time. AI suite wont let me control the speed and corsair icue wont let me either.
now i know some of you will say that u cant control fan speed on a 3 pin. but i was fully able to control the fan speed of them with the h100iv2. same goes for all the sp120 case fans, all fully controlable apart from the ones connected to the h150i pro rgb

Does annyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Domi430

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

i am using corsair icue

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Corsair LINK or Corsair iCue (newer software utility) control the fans on the radiator IF those fans are connected to the output cords of the PUMP unit in the h150I system. And they can do this only if you have connected the pump's socket to a mobo USB2 port so that the software can communicate with the pump.

In your old system you say you controlled the fans using the mobo's AI software utility because they were plugged into the mobo's PUMP header. IF your new system's fans also were plugged in the same way, that should still work IF the fans truly are PWM 4-pin fans. BUT if the new fans are plugged into the H150i's connectors from its PUMP, then the mobo AI Suite software cannot control them, and you need to use iCue and the cable connection from pump to USB2 port.

Domi430

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

no, i have the usb 2.0 connected to the mobo, fans connected to the h150i and cant control the fans.
with the h100iv2 i also had the fans connected to the pump cables and usb 2.0 in the mobo (both pump cables go to aio header) and i was able to control it with my motherboard software somehow eventhough the cables were NOT connected to the motherboard but to the aio fan cables conected to the pump.

i am not abl eto control the fans on the h150i what so ever, not trough icue or trough my motherboard software (which shouldnt be possible but was able to with the h100iv2).

I do however see an exclamation mark in the motherboard softwarer from the aio header, normally it would say N/A but it has a weird exclamation mark that im not able to control or disable.

the most logical problem is that another software is causing problems and i think its ai suite 3 since both icue and aisuite are able to control fans, but if i delete either of those i will lose a part of my fan control (3 case fans)

and no the fans arent 4 pin, they are 3 pin as i already said. but i was able to control my aio fans using ai suite 3 on my h100iv2 the exact same way i have everything plugged in now.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check this detail. The manual for the H150i system says it comes with Corsair's ML120 PWM fans. But you are using 3-pin fans from Corsair. Check in iCue whether there is a setting available for which fan type is being used on the radiators of the H150i system. It may be set by default to use the PWM Mode. But when you plug a 3-pin fan into a header that is using PWM Mode, that fan always will run full speed, exactly as you are seeing. If you can find a setting for that in iCue, change it to Voltage Control Mode (aka DC Mode).