[SOLVED] Fan Control Software

Kshitij_123

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
Hi,

I recently bought a Dell G7 7790.

After an update the fan control settings in the Alienware Comand Centre just don't open up they keep on loading forever.

Is there a third party software that can control these fans. As it is a laptop I have no idea what brand the fans are.

Thanks

Solution
It's a fan. It's moved by power not data, so brand of fan is just a name, so has absolutely no bearing on its use. It's powered and controlled by a header on the motherboard and thats controlled by bios/software.

So technically any software will do, but realistically it's either the Dell software or a 3rd party software like SpeedFan or Argus Monitor.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a fan. It's moved by power not data, so brand of fan is just a name, so has absolutely no bearing on its use. It's powered and controlled by a header on the motherboard and thats controlled by bios/software.

So technically any software will do, but realistically it's either the Dell software or a 3rd party software like SpeedFan or Argus Monitor.

Solution

Kshitij_123

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016

I mentioned the detail about the brand as most people would suggest using the software provided by the manufacturer.

Will look into SpeedFan and Argus and let you know

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It might actually detect the fan, SpeedFan is notorious for its learning curve, and you can go into the several fan tabs and adjust exactly where a fan gets its info from, what address and buss etc. It's highly complex, but you can do pretty much anything with curves, curve rates, locations etc.

But a 15°C jump is a seriously great start for a laptop. 👍

Kshitij_123

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
It might actually detect the fan, SpeedFan is notorious for its learning curve, and you can go into the several fan tabs and adjust exactly where a fan gets its info from, what address and buss etc. It's highly complex, but you can do pretty much anything with curves, curve rates, locations etc.

But a 15°C jump is a seriously great start for a laptop. 👍
SpeedFan doesn't seem to detect my fans. It's blank when I go into the tabs all I can see is the temperature nothing else