[SOLVED] Fan controller connect to mobo

Sep 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
i have one Silentiumpc ARGB PWM controller.
ttzzdni0i4hyb2cxal4p.jpg

What is the cable type i need to connect this controller to mobo?
hmhx9jy47hoyr7o9rj0c.jpg

Solution
The board should have a cable that plugs into a socket on the edge (the diagram shows it at the top) and probably has TWO cables coming out of it to go to different mobo headers. ONE will end in a 4-hole standard fan connector that goes to a mobo SYS_FAN header to get the fan motor control signals. The other will be a wider item with 3 holes (looks like it had 4 holes with one blocked off) since this is an ARGB light system. It goes to a mobo 5 Volt ARGB (Addressible RGB, or some say Digital RGB) system header to get the LIGHTING control signals. Do NOT try to connect it to a mobo plain RGB header with FOUR pins if you have one. If you need help finding the right headers, post back here your mobo maker and exact model number.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I gather it fits a fan header on the mobo. But I don't know what sort of a connector it fits on the controller. I thought it woud've come with a cable.
It should also have a power connector. Does it come with software too? And a manual?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The board should have a cable that plugs into a socket on the edge (the diagram shows it at the top) and probably has TWO cables coming out of it to go to different mobo headers. ONE will end in a 4-hole standard fan connector that goes to a mobo SYS_FAN header to get the fan motor control signals. The other will be a wider item with 3 holes (looks like it had 4 holes with one blocked off) since this is an ARGB light system. It goes to a mobo 5 Volt ARGB (Addressible RGB, or some say Digital RGB) system header to get the LIGHTING control signals. Do NOT try to connect it to a mobo plain RGB header with FOUR pins if you have one. If you need help finding the right headers, post back here your mobo maker and exact model number.

Solution