Jan 4, 2020
I have a new pc case from Empire Gaming and it has a fan controller with all the fans connected to it. On the inside is a molex connector but it has 2 connections? It is both types of molex almost like a connector but i have no idea how to connect it,

Because there are 2 molex do I need one in the PSU and one in the motherboard? Or a connector that directly links back to the PSU.

Solution
is one molex male and the other female?
if so that is a pass through port. it allows you to connect a fan and another device to one molex power cable from the PSU.
the fan controller may need a dedicated power from the PSU to provide power for all the fans.
I have a new pc case from Empire Gaming and it has a fan controller with all the fans connected to it. On the inside is a molex connector but it has 2 connections? It is both types of molex almost like a connector but i have no idea how to connect it,

Because there are 2 molex do I need one in the PSU and one in the motherboard? Or a connector that directly links back to the PSU.
There should be no Molex to MB connectors, they go only to PSU.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
is one molex male and the other female?
if so that is a pass through port. it allows you to connect a fan and another device to one molex power cable from the PSU.
the fan controller may need a dedicated power from the PSU to provide power for all the fans.

Solution
it's likely a passthrough so you only need the connection to the PSU

TRENDING THREADS