Fan controller help please..

iBushay

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I just bought a new fan controller for my pc and I have it installed on the coolermaster Haf x case, I don't have any additional fans installed yet, so just the ones that came installed with the case.

The fans can't go above 600 rpm, is this normal? I can slow them down fine but there stock speed of 600 rpm can't be changed any higher?

I'm not nessacrily going to turn them up higher, just the settings allow the fans to go to about 3000 rpm and I wondered why so high if the fans can't reach that?

Is there something wrong with the controller or is this normal?

slimgenre

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2012
I would assume that since the fan controller can be used with many different types of fans, it probably has a max it can go to as well. The fan controller will put out 100% of the 600rpm that your fan allows, but setting it to 100% on a different fan will max out that specific fans rpm's. As far as overclocking your fan itself, I don't know, but fans are pretty cheap so you could probably get a new one that puts out more cfm and has a higher rpm if you want.

Rammy

Honorable
I don't know what sort of fans that case uses but at a glance the included fans are all 200/230mm? A lot of bigger fans run slower as it increases the airflow (over a small fan) without making it sound ridiculously loud.
I use a couple of 200mm fans myself and those are supposed to run at 900rpm or so, so 600rpm isn't out of the question.
Which "settings" refer to 3000rpm, is this related to the fan controller or the fans themselves? Also might be worth mentioning which fan controller you are using.

iBushay

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Thanks for the info, somebody else also gave me the same advice as you.

The settings for the fan controller allow the fans to reach a speed of up to 3000rpm.

The fan controller i'm using is the NZXT v12 aerocool.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.