[SOLVED] Fan controller/hub

Solution
Each end of that Hub has a socket for two connections, but I cannot tell whether that is with two cables, or one cable that splits into two to go to different places. Anyway, from one end you make a connection to the PSU for power and then there's a IR Receiver that you probably are supposed to place outside your case where it can "see" the signal sent by the remote control. From the other end there should be two connections to make. One will be a common 3- or 4-pin fan connector to plug into a mobo fan header. The other is to connect to the wires from your case's front Reset Switch so you can change the lighting effects. It would have two pins on its end. BUT I suggest you do not use that feature. It re-purposes your Reset switch to do...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Each end of that Hub has a socket for two connections, but I cannot tell whether that is with two cables, or one cable that splits into two to go to different places. Anyway, from one end you make a connection to the PSU for power and then there's a IR Receiver that you probably are supposed to place outside your case where it can "see" the signal sent by the remote control. From the other end there should be two connections to make. One will be a common 3- or 4-pin fan connector to plug into a mobo fan header. The other is to connect to the wires from your case's front Reset Switch so you can change the lighting effects. It would have two pins on its end. BUT I suggest you do not use that feature. It re-purposes your Reset switch to do a different job, and you do not need that. The Remote box can do much better control of the lights than you could with a single front panel button.

Reactions: Neozeed
Solution