Fan Controller - LED's On/Off

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I'm looking to buy some LED fans soon... real soon, and I also want to buy a fan controller to got with them. The thing is that I want the controller to have the ability to turn on or off the LED's which will be annoying at night when I'm asleep. I can't seem to find one that fits that description so any help would be appreciated.

You'd need fans with lightswitches on, like the 220mm one in the Inwin dragon rider case, I dont know of any other fans with switched for the leds, and I am unaware of any fancontroller being able to switch them either,
You could wire every led to a seperate switched line so you could manually turn the off at night, or just shut the pc down (Easier and less hassle imo)
Moto

G

Unless you buy fans with a seperate power cable for the LEDs then the only way to turn them off would be by turning off the fan completely. I personally use a fan controller with my fans, and I quite enjoy that they dim as I turn them down; kind of a visual indication of fan speed.

Nesto1000

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

Which fan contoller do you use MightEMatt?

Also I don't turn off my computer at night because there are still small programs that I need to keep running at night.

Do you have a good tutorial on how to do what you said Motopsychojdn?