Fan Controller Mod

Nigh

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Hi all, just have a quick question. There isn't really any category that fits this situation well, so I'll just put it in components. I'm planning on building a new gaming rig, and with it, I need a computer table, as I don't have one. (I'm typing this from a laptop situated on a cabinet of sorts.) My problem is that I'm planning on making a few modifications to the table before putting it together; I'm going to implement 3-5 120mm case fans into the wood to help push the exhaust air from the rig away from it, as it will fit snugly under the desk with little space for the exhaust. I'm planning on getting 3-5 BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm LED case fans, a power supply, and a BitFenix Recon Touchscreen 5 Channel Fan Controller. Essentially, I'm turning the table into a case for computer parts. My main concern is that the fan controller talked about connecting through a motherboard. As I would like to spend the least amount of money possible, do I need a motherboard for the fan controller to function, and if so, is there any way around it that allows me to use the controller? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nigh

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Yeah, from that video and other sources, I need it to be connected via USB and to a motherboard for full functionality. What I'll do instead is get 4 instead of 5 fans, don't get a power supply for them, and just put the fans and the controller right into my rig instead of modifying the table. Thanks for the vid though!

TRENDING THREADS