Question Fan Controller Sync

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
I have two different PC towers, for the first time they were both on and in the same room and the remote for the RGB fans took over both of the towers, now it wont sync to the original. I tried looking them up, but they are the obscure Chinese wish items (30$ for 5 nice RGB case fans with remote? I'll take that deal any day) Are there any universal ways of holding the buttons down or whatever to get it to sync to the hub? I googled till my eyes are bleeding and didn't find much...thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think the sellers of the items in China factored in the fact that the same RGB kit would be found in two in the same household and in the same room. I think you can work with the system's powered up individually to pair the remote with said system. Meaning system 1 is powered up and the remote is paired to that. Then power down system 1 and then power up system 2 to pair with remote for system 2. Outside of that I've seen some people on YT use one remote for all the RGB devices off of the same Chinese generic RGB brand.

Reactions: Tomme D3

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm assuming the remote box actually uses a radio signal (as opposed to a infra-red signal) sent out, and the controller boxes inside each of your machines BOTH respond to that signal. I suspect that the signals being sent amount to "change to the next display", whatever that is, as opposed to "change to display #27 particularly". So somehow you need to get them both to the same starting point.

If you shut down both systems and then re-start, do they BOTH come up with the same intitial display? If so, try that and see if the will keep sync as you use the remote to make changes.

In stead, if re-starting gets each one to start up in its own display, but always the same on re-start, then try this. Start only one and use the remote to change it to whatever the other one will start up on. Then start the second. From there if they are the same, see if further changes with the remote keep them both in sync.

Reactions: Tomme D3

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
Apologies, I haven't been able to log on for a little while and my focuses moved away from PC temporarily. I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond and I normally try and write the conclusion back so you don't feel like it was a waste of time. So in conclusion lol.....
I ended up having to tear down both towers, I was gifted a couple of gaming cases that were in someone's scrape metal pile so luckily I ended up snagging them. I rebuilt both of my PC towers and the same problem still exists! The newer set is even still stuck on the same mixed color setting it was at...I was kinda shocked and think that signals defeat on this one
-side note, I found a broken RBG lightbulb on my coffee table, no idea who left it, but i ended up taking the little chipboard and pad with the LED lights on it, soldered it to a rocker switch that that I am powering thru a Molex cable adaptor and TA DAAAA! RGB color scheme that I can turn on and off. lol...I will continue to hunt for the solution to the fan hub but I have a feeling it will easier to spend another 30$ for a new set....:ROFLMAO:
Thanks again, still my favorite site for these questions! keep it up\